and Sixth Form
Driffield School is a ‘friendly and happy place’ (Ofsted, Jan 2020), where we believe in the limitless potential of our students. We are rightly proud of our students and their achievements, and strive for success through trust, respectful relationships and the highest possible aspirations and expectations.
Driffield School is a large secondary school with over 1,300 students on roll, including 200 in the sixth form. We are fortunate to work with fantastic students, outstanding staff and supportive parents. The school was judged to be good by Ofsted in 2020. We teach a broad and balanced curriculum that ensures that all students experience exciting opportunities, both within and outside the classroom. Our curriculum is designed to enable our students to make good progress towards their academic targets but also to provide remarkable experiences that will stay with them for a lifetime.
Driffield School is part of The Education Alliance (a growing multi-academy trust), currently consisting of South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College, Malet Lambert School, The Snaith School, Hunsley Primary School, North Cave CofE Primary School and Yorkshire Wolds Teacher Training. We are here to make great schools and happier, stronger communities so that people have better lives. We do this by always doing what is right, trusting each other, standing shoulder to shoulder and doing what we know makes the difference. Doing what is right means always acting with integrity, in the interests of others and being honest, open and transparent.
We are a values-driven organisation, encouraging ambition, collaboration, shared learning and development. We provide opportunities for innovation, encourage personal and professional growth and a have high level of professional trust for our students, sharing their success in order to see them move on to fulfil their dreams and aspirations. The high standards and high expectations Driffield School embeds within our student routines offers quick rewards to those who work hard and represent the school well. We do not tolerate behaviour that falls below our standards.
School Values and Aims
Believe ∙ Achieve
A proud and confident community: achieving success through trust and respectful relationships.
We hope that parents, carers and students will share with us and help promote our aims and values. Driffield School and Sixth Form always welcomes parents and carers, encouraging them to play a full and active role in their child’s education.
Driffield School and Sixth Form is a high-performing and inclusive school, intent on best serving the needs of our community.
- We recognise the vital importance of positive relationships that are founded on fairness, tolerance, mutual respect and trust.
- We believe in being open, honest and supporting each other.
- We want everyone to be able to contribute and everyone to have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- Above all else, we value each other.
- To provide a safe, supportive and positive environment for learning for all.
- To inspire all students and raise aspirations.
- To ensure that all students acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to equip them for life.
- To work collaboratively and sustainably with other partners to provide the best learning opportunities for our students, our staff and our community.